This delightful country holiday home, attached to the owner’s house, has extensive gardens, woodland and panoramic views across the Rede Valley. The property is located on the edge of the National Park, in an AONB, and only 30 minutes from Kielder Water, a north east tourist attraction, and only a few miles from Hadrian’s Wall. Otterburn, once the site of the famous 1388 victory of the Scots over the English, nestles close to the banks of the River Rede between the hills and the moors overlooking the North Tyne Valley. With pretty walks and cycle routes from the door, as well as local fishing, horse riding, golf and a pub nearby, this is a superb location for a relaxing holiday at any time of the year. The village was once the home of a busy weaving industry and houses Otterburn Mill, marking the village’s historic past and is a great tourist stop off for afternoon tea. Easy access to the Northumberland coast, with golden beaches and an outstanding coastline peppered with castles and friendly locals. Shops and pubs 1 mile.
Living room with open fire in inglenook. Dining room with wooden floor. Large farmhouse-style kitchen with oil range and electric hob, TV and tiled floor. Utility. Beamed throughout. First floor: Two double bedrooms, one with two steps up to en-suite bathroom with twin basins, shower cubicle, shower attachment and toilet. Twin bedroom. Bathroom with shower attachment and toilet.
- Open fire - fuel included
- Electricity, full oil central heating, bed linen and towels included
- Two TVs (one satellite)
- Oil range (4 oven) included
- Washing machine
- Large enclosed garden with furniture
- 4½-acre woodland grounds
- Ample parking (+ 1 boat)
- Cycle store
- Private covered swimming pool (16m x 4m, depth 2.1m, open June-September)
- Organic meat/veg box, groceries by arrangement
- Beauty therapies, clay pigeon/game shooting, quad bike safari, falconry, horse riding/hunt trailing by arrangement
- Natural spring water supply
- NB: Pond in garden
Lovely country house with large gardens and swimming pool. On the edge of the national park and only a few miles from Hadrian’s Wall.