Lightpipe - Cottage holidays in West Learmouth, Northumberland
Here are the details for Lightpipe ideal for a cottage holiday in West Learmouth, Northumberland. To book or find out more please use the Booking Info or Availability buttons below.
Lightpipe is a secluded hideaway nestled in the midst of the rolling Northumberland countryside, with a beautiful outlook towards the Cheviot Hills. Just over a mile from the River Tweed and one and a half miles from Cornhill-on-Tweed, Lightpipe was originally a humble shepherd's cottage built of the local stone around 1835.
In 2005 it was lovingly restored and extended. It now offers extremely comfortable and modern accommodation whilst retaining its original charm and features. Incorporated into the walls under the eaves are roosts for the local pipistrelle bats, while a barn owl nesting box has been built into the roof space.
In the village of Cornhill-on-Tweed you will find the local pub, The Collingwood Arms and the Cornhill village shop and café which provides fresh, local produce and delicious baked goods.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- The accommodation is on the ground floor.
- Three bedrooms.
- Family bathroom and en-suite shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- Lawned area surrounding cottage, completely fenced.
- Up to two well-behaved dogs are welcome at the property (small additional charge per dog).
- Parking for three vehicles.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- The original part of the house has vaulted ceilings with green oak beams.
- Solid oak flooring in all rooms except the bathrooms.
- West-facing patio with outdoor dining area.
- Underfloor heating.
- Guests are welcome to walk around the farm and further afield.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- TV, DVD player, CD/radio. Mobile phone.
- Cot and highchair available on request.
- Outdoor dining furniture and barbecue.
This secluded country hideaway, one and a half miles from Cornhill-on-Tweed has a beautiful outlook towards the Cheviot Hills. Originally a shepherd’s cottage, it offers comfortable modern accommodation while retaining its original features and charm.
|Lightpipe has the following Facilities
Keen on fishing? there is fishing on site or nearby
The cottage has an enclosed garden
The cottage has an open fire - perfect for that authentic country cottage feeel on a winters evening
This cottage can be booked for a short break
This cottage sleeps more than 2 - perfect for families of all ages
Pets are welcomed at this cottage
Price: £ from £ 387.00
|Lightpipe sleeps 6 people
| Enjoy an evening drink or a pub lunch at the nearbypub
|Bookmark this cottage:
||Cottage rental includes
|As you can see Lightpipe is located in a great location. The perfect base for any holiday around West Learmouth. And well suited to explore the whole of Northumberland.
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Tennis Court
Important note: All information provided about Lightpipe and other cottages in Northumbria are for guidance only. northumbrian-cottages.org.uk is an independent site bringing you details of a wide range of cottages (in Northumbria. The aim of the information provided is to allow you to compare a range of properties. Once you have chosen a cottage that suits your requirments you can book the holiday via the booking links provided which is either the cottage owner direct or a reputable booking agent.